2000: Graduated in Geological Sciences - University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2005: Ph.D. in Earth Sciences.
2005 – 2010: Research fellow - University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Department of Earth Sciences.
2010 – 2019: Researcher (Assistant Professor) - University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2019 – ongoing Associate Professor - University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Department of Earth Sciences, Engineering Geology section.
2010 – ongoing: Member of the CERI Research Centre (Prediction, Prevention and Mitigation of Geological Risks)
- 2000 Master’s Degree in Geological Sciences
- 2005 PhD in Earth Sciences
- 2001: Geologist in an engineering company specialized in tunneling
- 2002 – 2010: Consultant Geologist for engineering companies involved in the design of underground tunnels and slope stability remediations.
- Slope instability processes: landslide susceptibility and hazard analysis, even in seismic conditions
- Characterization, analysis and prediction of large-scale gravitational instability processes: DSGSDs and large landslides
- Applications of Geomatics to urban geology and geological risks (multi-hazard and multi-risk)
- Geological-technical and geophysical studies and analyzes for seismic microzonation.
- Hazard analysis for subsidence processes and formation of sudden ground collapses (sinkholes)
- Geological modeling for the optimization of remediation interventions of contaminated sites
Awards and honors
Project leader of a research on "The role of time-dependent rock mass deformations and landscape evolution rates as predisposing factors for massive rock slope failures", recognized of significant interest by the ICL-GPC (International Consortium on Landslides – Global Promotion Committee) and therefore included among the ongoing research projects , thus becoming part of the activities promoted by the IPL (International Programme on Landslides) as a result of a selective procedure..
AIGA, Italian Association of Engineering Geology
Scientific responsibility of recent Research Projects / Research contracts
- 2019 – 2022 “Integrated analysis and hazard-oriented modeling of large-scale slope instabilities featured by Mass Rock Creep” Research project funded by Sapienza Università di Roma
- 2021 – 2023 "Assessment of the seismic liquefaction potential in the territory of Regione Lazio". Joint Research agreement between Centro di Ricerca CERI, Sapienza Università di Roma - Regione Lazio
- 2020 – 2021 Implementation of studies and research in the frame of the research project “MOSCAS – MOdelli e Strumenti per la CAratterizzazione delle cavità Sotterranee” funded by the Italian Ministry of the Environment. Joint Research agreement between Earth Sciences Department, Sapienza Università di Roma – Italian National Institute for environmental protection (ISPRA)
- 2020 “Update and upgrade of 3rd level seismic microzonation in some municipalities struck by the 2016 earthquake in the central Apennines. Joint Research agreement between Earth Sciences Department, Sapienza Università di Roma – Italian National Research Council (CNR)
- 2017 – 2021 “Development and definition of a monitoring and prevention plan of the geo-hydrological instability of the city of Rome aimed at safeguarding the underground service network managed by ACEA ATO2 s.p.a.” Research contract between Centro di Ricerca CERI, Sapienza Università di Roma – ACEA s.p.a.
- 2000 – today: Reviewer for the following journals: Geomorphology, Remote sensing of the Environment, Science of the Total Environment, Geomatics and Natural Hazards, Geosciences, Italian Journal of Engineering Geology and Environment, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- 2019 – today: Member of Editorial Board of the “Italian Journal of Engineering Geology and the Environment”
- Mitigation of Geological Risks (II year-I semester of the Master Degree program in “Engineering, Territory and Risk Geology”)
- Applied Geology – Part 1 (III year-I semester of the Bacheolr Degree course in “Geological Sciences”)
List of papers in IRIS
Citations: 798; h-index 15 (source: Scopus, updated to April 2021).